Saturday, March 26, 2011

Overheard in my office (and by overhead, I mean read in my email)

Background: I work at a graduate school in the admissions office and I've been working crazy hours for the last six months partly because our process is antiquated and it needs an update. We just started working on our new online application.

Paraphrased convo I had via email at work:
Coworker #1: Hey, could you two edit the newsletter draft this afternoon?
Me: I'm happy to take a look. I have a meeting about the new online app from 1-3 (YAY!) though so any time after that is good.
Coworker #2: Congrats on your meeting. I know you are excited.
Me: uhm, yeah. It's pretty much the most exciting thing going on in my life.

And I wasn't even kidding! How did I become such a freaking grown up?  Or a sad, sad individual depending on your point of view.

It's going to be a lot of work for some of my favorite people but it will be awesome when it's over. I seriously might do cartwheels down the hall when this is all finished. I just hope I don't break a hip and that no one video tapes it and puts it on YouTube because it's been about 15 years since I've done a cartwheel and no one needs to see that.

The only other semi-exciting thing going on is that one of my favorite bloggers, The Bloggess, chose my comment as the "comment of the day" yesterday. I debating even bringing this up because it's probably nerdy and lame to be as excited as I am, but then I remembered I am nerdy and lame and said fuck it. You can read my totally insightful, world-changing comment here.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning comment of the day! It's great that you're letting yourself be excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nerdy is never a bad thing, and your comment of the day made me giggle. That's the sort of thing that seems to follow Jenny, isn't it? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should definitely be proud of being chosen for the best comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. um, you seriously are the worlds laziest blogger! hahaha, post something, I like to read you writing! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right! I'll post something tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete